Sunday, July 18, 2004

George Gobel’s Nickname
For some reason, over the last two days, I have received a large number of referrals from searches using the terms “George Gobels Nickname.” I know why they get me as a link, but I’m not sure why they are asking. I assume it’s a crossword clue or something similar. I suppose I could do a search, but wouldn’t it just send me to me?

I’m getting these hits because I wrote a post a few weeks ago making fun of conservative commentator Bill O’Reilly for referring to philanthropist Georg Soros as George Goebbles in an attempt to compare him to Nazi propaganda minister Hermann Goebbles. It was a stupid comparison. The proper parallel would be to Nazi financier Fritz Thiessen. Unfortunately, Thiessen was a business partner with George Bush’s grandfather, and that completely ruins O’Reilly’s message.

If you have read this far: George Gobel’s nickname was “Lonesome George.” If you are so inclined, I’d love to hear why you are looking. Drop me a comment. While you are here, I hope you look around and, further, I hope you like what you see.

No comments: